WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT RETAIL?
It is actually a sale which occurs when a business sells a product to an individual consumer for one’s own use. Retailing involves the process of selling consumer goods or services to customers through multiple channels of distribution to earn a profit.
TYPES OF RETAIL BUSINESSES
There are probably 3.7 million retail establishments in the U.S., from stores to restaurants to salons to gas stations, pest control providers, and auto mechanics. Those businesses employ close to 42 million people, making retail the nation’s largest private sector employer.
There are four major categories of retailers:
- Hardlines– things that tend to last a long time.
- Soft goods or consumables– things like clothing, shoes, and toiletries
- Food– things like meat, cheese, produce, and baked goods
- Art– things like fine art, as well as books and musical instruments
Within those categories, you’ll also find different types of retail stores. Some of the most common types include:
- Department Stores– the oldest, and often largest, place for consumers to shop for a variety of products less than one roof. Target and Macy’s are examples.
- Big Box Store– major retailers that specialize in one type of product, such as electronics. Best Buy and Bed Bath and beyond are examples.
- Discount Stores– department stores that stock discounted items and lower priced brands. Walmart and Kmart are examples.
- Warehouse Stores– these no frills warehouses often require you to be a member to access their low prices. BJs and Costco are examples.
- Mom-and-Pop Stores– smaller, often niche stores run by small business owners. These are your corner stores and local storefronts.
- E-tailers– online retailers that sell via the internet and have products delivered to your door. They typically do not have physical stores. Amazon and easy are examples.
Letsdosurvey.com is one of many websites that guide customers in completing an accurate survey conducted by businesses. The website guide you related to many brands. Example includes Kroger Feedback Survey which upon completion gives you an opportunity to win a grand prize of worth $5,000.
In the meanwhile, Kroger cares for its customers and offers them try their luck by participating in the Kroger Customer Satisfaction Survey at www.krogerfeedback.com.